What a great feeling it is to stumble across the best storage deal. It’s the challenge of making use of the newfound space that is the true test. After cramming boxes in our units with great enthusiasm, we’ve realized weeks later that the holiday decor or camping gear is nowhere to be found. You don’t have to worry, as we will provide you with some useful tips on how to organize your 自存倉 – read here.
1. Make a plan: Take a moment to imagine the space before you start moving things. Sketch out the rough design of your unit. You will be able to plan out where larger boxes and items can go.
2. Label, label, Label! It is not only about sticking on a sticker that has a generic name. Color coding is a better alternative. For different categories, use tapes or markers of different colours. Use different colored tapes or markers for each category. For instance, you can color all the kitchen items green and books blue. Not only does this make it easier to recognize items, but the fun factor is also added.
3. Invest in clear plastic containers instead of cardboard. The bins themselves are water-resistant and more durable. With just a glance you can easily identify what’s inside.
4. Metal Shelving: Installing metal shelving is a good idea if you intend to use your storage unit over a period of years. The shelving system maximizes your vertical space while keeping all of your belongings off the ground.
5. Avoid packing your items tightly, from the wall to the wall. A middle or side aisle allows you to easily reach all of your belongings. So you won’t be forced to play Jenga each time you want something.
6. Keep the most frequently used items at the front. If you have a good idea that you’ll need certain things more often (such as sports equipment or seasonal clothes), keep them in this position. This will save you time in the future.